Benefits of a Data Protection Application
- You may not be aware that under the Data Protection Act 1998 companies and sole traders who process personal information are required to notify the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) of this activity. “Processing” and “Personal Information” are defined widely and your business is likely to fall into the definition. We are happy to have a chat with you to discuss whether your company is required to notify the ICO.
- Notifying the ICO means your business is compliant with section 17 of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 protects your customer and in turn this improves customer relations and inspires customer confidence.
- Notification allows your business to collect and use personal information in a manner that is fair and transparent.
- The notification process allows you to consider how your business collects data, stores data and whether your business has adequate security measures in place.
- If you process personal information without notifying the ICO you could be fined up to £5,000 and/or face criminal liability.
Benefits of us handling your Data Protection Application
- We are solicitors, regulated and experienced to ensure satisfaction.
- We ask the right questions and get to know your business to tailor the notification to you.
- Registration is renewable annually and we handle this for you, ensuring that your registration is reviewed and guiding you through regulatory hurdles.